The HNC/D course develops the knowledge and skills required to operate effectively at supervisory level in the hospitality industry. The first year covers a range of subjects both practical and theoretical. The second year focuses on providing you with the necessary managerial knowledge and skills for a junior management position.
These courses provide you with valuable qualifications for employment in an exciting and ever changing industry, or further studies.
- One appropriate Higher with three National Courses or an appropriate group of National Units, OR:
- One appropriate Higher with three Standard Grades at band 3 or above, OR:
- Other equivalent qualifications or experience.
- For year two HND entrance: a relevant HNC.
- All entry subject to outcome of discussion at interview and satisfactory references
City Campus Townhead
The subjects you’ll study include: Food and Beverage Service, Alcoholic Beverages, Food Production, Food Hygiene (REHIS Intermediate), Accommodation Servicing, Front Office Procedures, and Hospitality Financial and Control System, as well as many other relevant units. We also offer students a variety of paid work placements in some of Glasgow’s top establishments. Once on the course you can apply for any of these in August.
• Career – Junior management/supervisory level in a hospitality department of a hotel or directly into a graduate training scheme with many large organisations or a junior management position. We work with key representatives from industry to offer Graduate training positions following the successful completion of the HND
• Continuing study – HND in Hospitality Management will get you into the third year of the BA in Hospitality Management, which we offer at City Campus Townhead in partnership with Edinburgh Napier University
Two years, starting in August. You can also leave after one year with an HNC in Hospitality.
Students who complete their HND may progress to:
- Year 3 of BA Hospitality Management at Edinburgh Napier University.
- Year 3 of BA Tourism at the University of the West of Scotland.
- Year 3 of BA International Tourism & Travel Enterprise at Glasgow Caledonian University.
First Year - Darlene Young
Second Year - Chirsty MacDonald
First Year - 0141 566 6222 ext. 1629
Second Year - 0141 566 6222 ext. 1628