HNC Creative Printmaking
This course offers an opportunity to develop your creative talents allowing you to develop traditional and contemporary printmaking, drawing and digital skills. Various printmaking techniques and media are explored and supplemented with technical and creative skills in digital media, drawing, bookbinding and mixed media.
This course combines practical skills with theoretical knowledge and is project based. It is delivered through a series of lectures, practical workshops and activities. You will produce a portfolio of work that will support entry to HND and Degree level courses.
This course is placed on the Scottish Credit Qualifications Framework at Level . For more information on the framework visit www.scqf.org.uk/the-framework/.
- Higher Art & Design and English at minimum Intermediate level 2; OR
- Higher Art & Design and English at minimum National 5; OR
- An NC/NQ qualification in print, design or equivalent SVQ; OR
- Relevant experience.
- You will be invited for a group and/or individual interview where you will get the opportunity to find out more about the course and tell us why you are interested in this subject area.
- At the interview you will be asked to provide examples of your art/photography/design work.
City Campus North Hanover Street.
The subjects you may study include:
- Observational Drawing
- Developmental Drawing
- Life Drawing
- Printmaking and Producing Print
- Digital Design
- Art & Design Context
- Printmaking Development
- Printmaking in Multiple Layers
- Portfolio Preparation
- Bookbinding and hand finishing
- Graded Unit
Practicing Artist/Printmaker/Designer, Print Technician, Printmaking Educator
Completion of this course can allow progression to HND Digital Media, HND Contemporary Art Practice, HND Graphic Design – at the college. Or apply for art school or university degree courses, for example:
- BA (Hons) Contemporary Art Practice, Gray’s School of Art (enter at year 2)
- BA/BDes Art & Design General Foundation, Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design
- BA (Hons) Fine Art, Edinburgh College of Art
- BA (Hons) Fine Art, Glasgow School of Art
One year, starting in August.
0141 566 6222 ext 4384