HNC Creative Printmaking
This course offers an opportunity to develop your creative talents allowing you to develop traditional and contemporary printmaking, drawing and digital skills. Various printmaking techniques and media are explored and supplemented with technical and creative skills in digital media, drawing, bookbinding and mixed media.
This course combines practical skills with theoretical knowledge and is project based. It is delivered through a series of lectures, practical workshops and activities. You will produce a portfolio of work that will support entry to HND and Degree level courses.
- Art & Design Higher and English at minimum Intermediate level 2, OR
- An NC/NQ qualification in print, design or equivalent SVQ, OR
- Relevant experience
- You will be invited to attend a pre-entry guidance session where you’ll submit examples of your art/photography/design work
City Campus North Hanover Street.
The subjects you may study include: Observational Drawing, Developmental Drawing, Life Drawing, Printmaking and Producing Print, Lithography, Digital Design, Art & Design Context, Printmaking Development, Printmaking in Multiple Layers, Communication, Portfolio Preparation, Bookbinding and hand finishing, and Graded Unit.
Practicing Artist/Printmaker/Designer, Print Technician, Printmaking Educator
Completion of this course will allow progression to HND – Contemporary Art Practice – at the college, Anniesland College, North Glasgow College or apply for art school or university degree courses, for example:
- BA (Hons) Contemporary Art Practice, Gray’s School of Art (enter at year 2)
- BA (Hons) Fine Art, Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design
- BA (Hons) Fine Art, Edinburgh College of Art|
- BA Art & Design, Forth Valley College
- BA (Hons) Fine Art, Glasgow School of Art
Acceptance on all courses are based on submission of a portfolio plus interview.
One year, starting in August.
0141 566 4180