Accommodation and Healthcare

Self-catered accommodation

Self-catered accommodation is situated directly across from the Riverside Campus offering high quality en-suite accommodation for students in single rooms and a small number of shared rooms. The accommodation consists of flats which have up to 6 single rooms with residents sharing the kitchen and dining/living area. The flats are fully equipped with cookers, fridge freezers, cooking equipment, utensils, crockery and cutlery.

Each study bedroom is equipped with attractive furnishings and all bed linen is provided, however students are required to provide their own towels. All bedrooms have a point for
access to the internet. Please enquire when booking as terms and conditions apply.

Fees include the cost of accommodation, heating, lighting and cooking costs and a cleaning service. This latest student residence combines high quality living at an affordable price, which represents excellent value for money. Some ground floor flats are specially designed to help those with mobility problems. This residence is offered on a 40 week contract basis.


From £105 per week.

£300 should be paid towards rent at time of booking.

Telephone: 0141 565 2884

Other Accommodation Providers

If for some reason you choose not to stay at our Riverside Campus Hall of Residence, you may wish to consider one of the following alternative accommodation providers. These student accommodation developments are easily accessible and within walking distance from our campuses and include on-site management Offices and caretakers 24 hours a day. They also have CCTV and secure door entry systems.

Liberty House / Victoria Hall / UNITE Blackfriars / UNITE Buchanan View

All rooms are fully furnished with optional internet connection packages as well as en-suite facilities in every bedroom. There are also laundry services available on-site.  Typical costs are £80-100 per week for a single en-suite bedroom. Usual fees, terms & conditions apply. For more information please contact:

Alternatively, you may wish to consider one of the following options:


You may wish to rent a room in a private house. The landlord/landlady will also live in the house, perhaps with their family. You will probably have to share the bathroom and kitchen.

Flats and Houses

After you have been in the UK for some time and have found a small group of friends, you may wish to share a furnished flat or house together. You will share the rent, heating and lighting bills, the food bills and the cleaning. This sort of accommodation can be cheaper than the other types.

Useful Websites

Health and Emergencies

The National Health Service (known as the NHS) is the state health care service in the UK. Most services are free. All International Students in full time education in Scotland are eligible for NHS treatment, whatever the length of their studies. This also applies to dependants ie. spouses and dependants under 16 years old (19 years if still at school).


It is important that you register with a doctor (also known as General Practitioner or GP) as soon as you arrive in Scotland. To register, visit a local doctors surgery during opening hours and take a letter from the college to prove you are a student. You will fill in some forms and then you will be sent a medical card through the post which will have your NHS number on it.

If you are ill you can make an appointment with your GP. This consultation is free and if you require medicine you will be given a prescription to take to a pharmacy. Prescriptions are currently free of charge in Scotland.

If you live in the Student Residences the staff there will help you to register with a local doctor. Your nearest doctor can be found at:

The Gorbals Health Centre
45 Pine Place
G5 0BQ
Tel: 0141 531 8200

If you need urgent medical treatment and you are able to get to hospital, the hospitals below offer an Accident and Emergency service:

Glasgow Royal Infirmary
84 Castle Street
G4 0SF
Tel: 0141 211 9600

Victoria Infirmary
Grange Road
G42 9LF
Tel: 0141 201 6000

If you need urgent medical treatment are unable to get to hospital, the emergency telephone number for an ambulance is 999.


You should also register with a dentist. Dental treatment is not free of charge. You should try to register with a dentist who treats NHS patients and check if they will see you in cases of an emergency. If you are treated as a private patient (i.e. not through the NHS), you will be charged a higher price for any treatment you receive.

To find a doctor or dentist near where you stay, telephone the NHS information line on 0800 22 44 88 or check the NHS website.

For emergency dental treatment, particularly if you have not yet registered with a dentist, contact:

Glasgow Dental NHS Trust
378 Sauchiehall St
G2 3JZ
Tel: 0141 232 6323 to make an appointment.

NHS charges apply, but usually the cost is no higher than £35, depending on the treatment required. If you would like more information on healthcare services in Glasgow, please contact the Student Advisors in Student Services.

Background image: 
international student
international student 2
international student 3