IELTS (Academic) score:
- Minimum average band score of 5.5 with no component less than 5.0
- Some programmes may require higher English proficiency
Or equivalent score in any UKBA-approved SELT for Tier 4 (eg. TOEFL, Pearson Academic, Cambridge ESOL)
We welcome applications from international students and accept qualifications from around the world.
You must demonstrate that you meet the entry requirements for the programme that you wish to study. Your school-leaving certificate, college diploma, university degree or other qualifications may already meet the requirements; you should check the list of accepted qualifications for your country. If your country or qualification is not listed below, please contact the International Team.
All City of Glasgow College lectures and classes are taught in English. Applicants must demonstrate competence in English by meeting the English language proficiency requirements by submitting proof of having passed a UK Border Agency (UKBA)-approved Secure English Language Test (SELT.) You will be exempt from submitting a SELT if you:
- Are a national of one of the following UKBA-approved majority English-speaking countries; Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, the United States of America OR
- Have completed an academic qualification at least equivalent to a Bachelor's degree which was taught in English in a majority English-speaking country OR
- Have successfully completed a course as a Tier 4 (Child) student (or under the student rules that were in force before 31 March 2009, where you were granted permission to stay whilst under 18 years old) which was at least six months in length and ended within two years of the date that we will issue your visa documentation
Accepted evidence must be one of the following achieved within the past two years: