HNC/D Travel and Tourism
The course develops your knowledge of the travel and tourism industry. It also provides vocational skills needed for high quality service to customers in many different types of tourism and travel organisations. You will have the option to study languages as part of the course, and take part in visits.
- One Higher (such as English, Modern Studies, History) with three Intermediate 2 courses including Maths, OR
- One Higher (such as English, Modern Studies, History) with three Standard Grades at grade 3 or above including Maths or Numeracy, OR
- One Higher (such as English, Modern Studies, History) with three National 5 qualifications inlcuding Maths or Numeracy
- Other equivalent qualifications or experience.
- For year two HND entrance: HNC Travel and Tourism.
- All entry subject to outcome of discussion at interview and satisfactory references
City Campus Townhead
HND - Year 2
The subjects you’ll study include Influences on the Travel and Tourism Industry, Tour Operations, Business Travel, Providing Information on the Scottish Tourism Product and Senior Air Cabin Crew. You will also have the option to study language
Career - Tourist information centres, visitor attractions, travel agents, airlines, airport services, tour operator representatives, car ferry companies, cruise operators, rail companies, coach companies.
Continuing study - HND apply for 3rd year entry to university Travel and Tourism related degree courses for example BA Tourism Management
One year, starting in August.
This is the second year of a two year programme
Students who complete their HND may progress to:
- Year 3 of BA International Tourism Management at Glasgow Caledonian University.
- Year 3 of BA International Hospitality Management at Glasgow Caledonian University.
- Year 3 of BA Tourism Management at the University of the West of Scotland.
0141 566 1686