The £50 million Glasgow Guarantee, is a legacy of the Commonwealth Games to offer support for training, work, modern apprenticeships and job opportunities for Glasgow people.
The Glasgow Guarantee has expanded the eligibility period for apprenticeship places and widened the graduate element to offer support to college students with qualifications in certain sectors where there is a demonstrable skills shortage, for example engineering and ICT.
Opportunities are available across a range of sectors and job types and many will include additional training such as working towards a Vocational Qualification specific to the employing business. You can access these opportunities, if you are:
- Workless young people who are not in full-time education, training or employment
- School leavers or those thinking of leaving school
You'll be eligible to apply from day one of unemployment.
- Workless adults aged 20-29
- Workless adults aged 50+
- Workless Armed Forces Veterans
- Unemployed graduates who have graduated within the previous 12 months
- Underemployed graduates who have graduated within the previous 12 months
You must also be a Glasgow resident and legally entitled to work in the UK.
Want to Know More?
Visit the Glasgow Guarantee website for more information.