NEW FOR 2017
City of Glasgow College have been working with its industry partners, SQA and the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) to develop a qualification and are delighted to announce that it will be able to offer a qualification in Facilities Services Management, embedding a BIFM level 4 Diploma in Facilities Management.
New Campus New Facilities
You’ll find our specialist teaching rooms on the 4th floor near the staff work areas on City Campus. Our classrooms and specialist teaching areas are well equipped and there is lots of space to learn in many different ways.
Here’s a taste of just some of the amazing facilities you can expect to benefit from on our new City Campus:-
- Hospital / clinical suite: A dedicated four bed suite equipped with the latest health and Care resources to provide a truly simulated learning space
- Flexible and equipped practical spaces: That allow us to learn through a range of activities including simulation, role play and practical skills techniques
- Roof Garden: Providing outside space to learn in and an area for some of our students to try out their horticultural skills, maintaining the area for all our students and growing produce for our kitchen
- Bright and spacious teaching rooms: Some with added facilities and with a variety of furniture to allow more practical subjects to be taught in comfort and for groups to discuss and develop projects
- Faculty Administration support: To help with course and class queries.
- Fully enabled classrooms: Providing easy access to Wi-Fi and use of a whole range of mobile devices.
- Break out areas just off the roof garden: To relax between classes or carry on discussion groups equipped with vending facilities
- Fully equipped domestic kitchen: For some of our students to learn how to be more independent and to have the opportunity to build cookery skills and healthy living knowledge before working with our partners.
The Faculty of Education and Society provides a diverse range of commercial courses delivered by experienced professionals across Health and Social Care, Teacher Education, Community Development and English Language. Our workforce development team ensure that both students and employers benefit from our flexible, blended learning approach, minimising time away from the workplace whilst providing the knowledge and skills necessary for the developing professional. We deliver specialist mandatory training that meets recognised standards and compliance for care support workers’ registration at all levels. We also provide first aid training to the Marine and Nautical Industries.
Our clients are generally employed in the Educational, Health, Social Care, Childcare and Marine sectors. They benefit from qualifications accredited by professional awarding bodies that are recognised and developed in partnership with industry. Basic and advanced industry practices are embedded within our courses and delivery can take place in college, the workplace or on an outreach basis.
In Community Development and Learning we also provide courses for unemployed youth, those with learning challenges and disadvantaged people, giving them essential life and employability skills to help them function in the community and to increase their chance of securing employment. Our Trade Union Education Centre offers a variety of programmes to support and strengthen Scotland’s workforce.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Our courses include:
- All MCA(STCW) Proficiency in Medical Care and First Aid qualifications for the marine industry and individuals.
- Mandatory training courses for health and care including Moving and Assisting, First Aid and Administration of Medication.
- All SVQ Social Services and Health Care, Social Services Children and Young People, including Leadership and Management awards.
- Provision of Quality Assurance packages and SCQF levelling services as an approved centre.
- A range of HNC and PDA awards relating to Health and Care including Childhood Practice.
- Employability and Life Skills.
- Customer Care (responding to non-native speakers).
- English Language at all levels in work or college context.
- Bespoke First Aid training for emergency and work situations including for babies and children.